Korean singer-actor Kim Hyun-joong is in talks to appear in the upcoming action TV series “Athena,” the spin-off to last year’s hit blockbuster drama “IRIS,” according to the show’s producer Taewon Entertainment on Tuesday.
“Kim is a strong candidate for the drama but we are currently in talks with his agency and nothing has been set as of now,” a representative from Taewon told Asia Economic Daily over the phone.
An official at Kim’s agency DSP Entertainment expressed more optimism on behalf of the 23-year-old star. “We can’t say anything is certain but Kim has shown great interest in “Athena” and it is true that he wants to take the role.”
Taewon is eyeing the latter half of this year for the airing of “Athena,” about terrorist acts and threats against the Korean Peninsula and the world.
It will go into production starting in June in Italy and Switzerland and continue on into six other countries including Singapore and New Zealand.
Kim made his debut in 2005 as the leader of the five-member boy band SS501 and has also ventured onto the small screen appearing in the smash-hit drama “Boys Over Flowers” last year alongside actors Lee Min-ho and Ku Hye-sun.
He is currently focusing on his singing career with his group who will be returning to the local music scene with a new album at the end of the month.
Incoming Search Topic:
* athena vs iris
* SS501 news 2011
* ss501 latest pictures 2011
* kim hyun joong2011
1. Local agencies intent to sign on SS501 Kim Hyun Joong
2. Kim Hyun-joong declined offer to appear on “Family” season 2
3. Kim Hyun-joong attends former Korean president Chun’s birthday
4. Lee Ji-ah locked in as female lead for “Iris” sequel
5. “IRIS” season 2 starts pre-production
SS501’s Park Jung Min released the official teaser video for his MV 2 days ago, and fans were in awe over his sophisticated (if slightly dark) new image.
The full music video to Jung Min’s title track, ‘Not Alone‘, was just released on major music websites. With the combination of his great vocals and his new image, the music video is sure to be a big hit.
SS501’s Park Jung Min visits Kim Hyung Joon at his musical set
SS501′s Park Jung Min recently visited fellow member Kim Hyung Joon at his musical, where they snapped a photo together and documented their close friendship.
On November 28th, Park Jung Min attended the ‘Caffeine‘ musical to show his support for his fellow SS501 member. The idol also presented Hyung Joon with a humidifier as a surprise gift, showing the close brotherhood between each other.
Park Jung Min sent a tweet to Hyung Joon on the 26th which read, “Hey~! You’re doing well, right? I’m going to go and watch you so you better be nervous! I don’t know when I’m gonna watch~! I might not watch it either…Or I might even just send 6 pans of pizza!”
When Hyung Joon replied, “Come Come Come~”, Jung Min replied, “I see you’ve gained confidence! That’s good! I’m not going to tell you when I’m going to watch~! So that you don’t need to stress!”
It’s been revealed that fellow SS501 member Park Jung Min will also leave DSP Entertainment, possibly SS501 as well, to pursue his acting career with another management agency.
It is now looking like SS501 will now turn into SS301, a group consisting of Kim Hyung Joon, Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Saeng that promoted during 2008 with U R Man.
It’s known that while Park Jung Min is showing interest in pursuing his acting career, the rest of the three members are prefering to stay as a group rather than having solo careers although they are also looking for a new agency.
This will mean that all of the members of SS501 are no longer with DSP Entertainment, an agency they debuted through.
SS301’s Kim Hyung Joon, Kim Kyu Joong and Heo Young Saeng are now being looked upon by many agencies in the FA (free agent) market as they have left DSPE. The three have already received offers from different agencies, but the members are looking for a trustworthy agency.
A representative stated, “The contract itself is important, but the members are looking for an agency they can trust, an agency that is attractive.”
If the SS501 members indeed all go to separate agencies, it’s looking like it’ll take a while until we see SS501 promote again.
Albeit all the reports, the members are reportedly not in any arguments with each other, and they want to keep SS501 alive. Especially with the amount of success SS501 has in Korea as well as overseas, so there’s still a possibility that SS501 will not disband.
Furthermore, the “1+1+3″ separation of SS501 have started to resemble legendary group H.O.T which disbanded in 2001 with members Moon Hee Joon and Kangta pursuing solo careers while Jang Woo Hyuk, Tony Ahn and Lee Jae Won formed a three-member group jtL.
SS501’s Kim Hyung Joon confirmed in an interview with Sports World that SS501 will return even with the recent division into separate agencies and careers. He stated, “When our individual activities and promotions end, the members of SS501 will reunite in the first half of 2011 with a new album. We will also hold concerts with the album promotions.”
Kim Hyung Joon continued, “Although negative opinions rose as we joined different agencies, our unity is absolute. Like Shinhwa, we will pursue our personal dreams but always be part of SS501.”
He also described the bond between each members, “When we decided to go our separate ways, we promised to keep our group intact. It was the foremost prerequisite for our new contracts. We only need to decide the release date for the album.”
10/20 [news] Kim HyungJun “Will return as SS501 next year”
Reveals plans for album release… “Holding group concert”SS501 Kim HyungJun revealed about the plans on SS501 album release early next year.
Kim HyungJun who moved to another agency recently said during an interview with SportsWorld “Among our members, we were saying that we will release SS501 album in the first half of next year after ending our individual activities. We are planning to have a concert at the same time when we release the album.”
Kim HyungJun explained “Though the view of others on us is harsh when we searched for our own agencies (to sign with), we have definitely not disbanded. Like group Shinhwa, we will have our own solo activities in different agencies while gathering together when doing group activities.”
He added showing their friendship, “When we decided to go separate ways finding our own agency, we promised each other that the group existence is of the first and foremost importance. Even when we signed the contract with a new agency, that condition was the first one that we put up. Because the relationships among the members are as good as ever, we only need to decide as to when SS501 album will be released next year.”
Meanwhile, Kim HyungJun who has signed with S-Plus Entertainment who houses Kang JiHwan, will become a musical actor as he was casted as the male lead for musical ‘Café in’ which will start on 24-Nov at Baekam Art Hall in SamSung-dong.
Currently he is also busy with activities such as being DJ for SBS radio ‘Kim HyungJun’s Music High’ and MC for MBC Every1 variety program ‘Oh Bam Ah’, on top of the 6~7 hours per day practice for the musical.
SS501’s Heo Young Saeng to make solo debut this February
SS501’s Heo Young Saeng finally revealed his plans for his solo debut.
According to his agency, B2M Entertainment, Young Saeng will be releasing a special album by February at the earliest, and hopes to officially begin his solo activities by then.
Representatives spoke with Star News on January 11th and revealed, “Heo Young Saeng will be taking his first step as a solo artist. Since he’s the lead vocalist of SS501, he’ll be working with a strong dance track that showcases his powerful vocals.”
The singer is currently focusing on his album production while aiming to show his fans a different and deeper side to his voice that fans weren’t able to hear in SS501’s songs.
This is SS501 Park Jungmin’s agency CNR Media.
In just a short 1 week so many things have happened.
Due to the really heartbreaking matter, for us the citizens of Republic Korea, which happened 2 days before the album release, Park Jungmin gun’s album showcase & fanmeeting has to be thus unavoidedly – canceled.
This was an event where he has been eagerly preparing for as he counted down to meet fans on the original planned day. I’d think it will be good if the many fans could understand this situation with us the citizens of Republic Korea as it was not something that we could control about. Park Jungmin gun who has been sacrificing his sleeping time to practise studiously and does album preparations will now put it more effort than before so really, do give us your much much support.
The following information is collated by CNR Media, please take your time to read through them.
1. Album release: 2011 January 20, Thursday
2. Current status of the album: This album was previously slated to consist of 3 new songs. However due to the postponement of this album, it is expected that more songs will be added into it; this, we will discuss it with ParkJungmin gun again. Therefore, the previous notice about this single album’s constituition will not follow but will instead be of a different kind. It will also be of a different price due to the above reason. Kindly take note of that.
3. Showcase & fanmeeting: 2011 January 22, Saturday
We will put up a notice laterwards as we are still in midst of adjusting the venue and timing. We will be selecting a time wherein domestic and international fans will be able to attend it carefreely, with that being the case, even if you may hold curiosity before our 2nd notice is put up, please just do wait a little longer.
4. Previously we mentioned about the autographed calendar by Park Jungmin gun to be given to participants. For those who have already received your tickets, please do come along on that day with your tickets. Instead of confirming your attendance with your ticket (for those who already have it), please only come forth to confirm your attendance for those who have not yet received your ticket.
5. For them pre-recorded schedules for tv broadcasts, we will be updating them through the ‘Schedules’ column on our domestic homepage (www.parkjungmin.net), so for any related information at all, please just refer to the ‘Schedules’ column on our homepage.
6. Any information, news and schedules about Park Jungmin gun, whether it be notices by official homepage www.parkjungmin.net or by media presses, will be relayed to you all personally by us in future days too, so for all other unrelated sources that you may see will thus not be of association with CNR Media.
7. For each and every comments that all of you send, we work hard to give you a reply in the fastest and shortest time possible after confirming every day. We do take into consideration of everyone’s views and feedbacks as we work on them. Just like how we are operating now, you could either leave your comments via mail or the enquiries column, we will continue to take them into consideration.
8. Whenever there is any events to take place, we will reveal the selected people and also their contact numbers.
9. We do know that many of you fans hold much curiosity to many things. However please really do make use of the email function or the enquiries column. Because afterall we are doing business here, and once we get many phonecalls coming in, it might cause some disruption and all, and this will also hinder our settling and preparations for Park Jungmin gun’s affairs/matters. On this, we really ask for your understanding and cooperation.
To fans who have always been so supportive and loving towards Park Jungmin gun, CNR Media is always very grateful for that. We hope that you could end off your remaining 2010 blissfully as we all take forward steps together with Park Jungmin gun’s comeback in year 2011.
JANUARY 18 (Monday) :
[Hyunjoong] Political ‘birthday bash involvement’
Korean pop idol Kim Hyun-joong of SS501 recently attended former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan’s 80th birthday party, according to his agency DSP Media on Tuesday.
“Before attending a birthday party for [DSP agency CEO] Mr. Lee Ho-yeon, Kim stopped by the reception for former president Chun Doo-hwan with Mr. Lee”, an official at DSP Media was quoted as saying.
The official explained that Kim was scheduled to attend Lee’s dinner party with his bandmates but when Lee received a call from Chun’s party, the two briefly dropped by the event together. The agency stressed that “it had just happened” and asked that “there be no misunderstandings”.
Kim, 23, is the leader of boy band SS501, one of the most successful K-pop acts in Asia since their debut in 2005. The singer has also done some acting work, most notably in the smash hit drama “Boys over Flowers” last year alongside actors Lee Min-ho and Koo Hye-seon.
FEB 13 (Saturday) :
[SS501][CONCERT] Persona Asia Tour 2010 @ BangKok, Thailand
FEB 27,28 (Saturday, Sunday) :
[SS501][CONCERT] Persona Asia Tour 2010 @ 2 Encore Stands in Seoul
MAR 26 APRIL
APRIL 7 (Wednesday) :
[Hyunjoong] Goes to Spain for Pictorial Book “Ready, Action!”
MAY 1 (Saturday) :
*originally scheduled to release mini-album ‘Destination’ today*
MAY 22 (Saturday) :
[SS501][EVENT] Dream Concert 2010